1 kilo pork belly/liempo, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup coconut milk
6 cloves garlic, minces
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 pieces red chili(labuyo),(optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine pork, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and ground pepper then marinate for an hour.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic, peppercorn and bay leaf.
- Add pork and cook until brown.
- Add marinade, coconut milk and red chili.
- Cook in a low heat for 20 minutes or until pork is tender. Add water if needed.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste then simmer until the sauce thicken and start rendered oil.
- Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.